BAND CAMP 2017
Band Camp dates, fees, and all other information can be found on the DOCUMENTS page.
Band Camp Survival Guide
All band camp days are mandatory. Students can NOT miss any days for any reason. Please plan ahead with Drivers Ed, student jobs, doctor, dentist, and orthodontist appointments. If a students misses one day of camp, its like missing an entire week of school.
- Spend time outside each day during your Summer break. Get yourself use to the heat.
- You MUST wear a hat while outside. This is not an option.
- Wear sunscreen. The best thing to do is apply the sunscreen to your skin before you leave your house. Re-apply often while outside.
- ***Students are required to bring a 1/2 gallon cooler filled with ice water from home.***
- Use a sharpie pen and put your name on it.
- We will provide ice water to refill throughout the morning practices outside.
- DO NOT BRING ANY TYPE OF PEANUT PRODUCTS. THEY ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM CAMP AND ALL YEAR LONG.
- "Monster" drinks and other high energy/high caffeine drinks (including soft drinks) are prohibited from band. Across the country too many teenagers (including athletes) are getting seriously hurt or worse. The one thing each case has in common is the constant consumption of energy drinks. These energy drinks can severely interfere with an individuals heart rate, which can lead to SERIOUS complications. This is for everyone's safety.
- Eat something light for breakfast each day before camp starts.
- NO greasy foods. You will get sick in the heat.
- NO dairy. You will get sick in the heat.
- Bring a healthy lunch each day.
- It is encouraged to bring a light snack to eat while outside in the mornings, such as a pack of crackers, but NO peanut products (including peanut butter crackers). Pretzels, gold fish, and granola bars are good examples of a snack to eat while out side during breaks.
- If you want to bring a bottle of Gatorade, that is optional, but highly encouraged. For every 1 bottle of gatorade you drink, you should drink 2 full bottles of water of the same size before drinking more gatorade. Too much gatorade can hurt the body as well.
- DO NOT BRING ANY TYPE OF PEANUT PRODUCTS. THEY ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM CAMP.
- Brass, Woodwinds, Battery, and Pit must wear a WHITE t-shirt every day of camp. You are more than welcome to bring another shirt to change into during lunch.
- Guard will be more "colorful" each day of band camp. Please contact your Guard Captain for more info.
- Wear loose fitting clothes (athletic shorts). Tight clothes trap heat in. This will cause you to get sick on the field.
- When outside, all students must wear tennis shoes. NO flip flops/sandals. The grass will be wet, which means your shoes will get wet.
- After we come in for lunch, if you want to bring a change of shoes as well for the afternoon rehearsals inside, you are welcome to. Students can wear flip flops/sandals during this time if they wish.
- It is highly encouraged to change your shoes after morning field practice. We will have a designated place outside for each section to put your old shoes.
- NO students can go barefoot at any time while on Piedmont's campus. This is a school wide rule.